We have an immediate vacancy for an IT Infrastructure Engineer 3rd Line. Apply today!
We are a reputable, well established, Aberdeen based Managed IT Services Provider (MSP) with over 27 years-experience supporting, training and developing businesses across Scotland and around the world. We provide a complete portfolio of IT services to a wide variety of clients and IT for us is more than keeping the lights on.
Solab do not deliver a one size fits all service and our combined support, training and development services under one contract makes us a unique IT partner. We are committed to improving our client’s business performance and providing stability and consistency using the latest technologies, proven techniques and flexible support models.
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced 3rd line engineer who has proven server, software, storage, network and client management experience across a broad variety of environments. This is an exciting role with a progressive organisation. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to design, implement, administer and manage IT client infrastructure end to end.
Click the image below to download our Job Spec!
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer 3rd Line
- The ability to work at a strategic level with clients on their IT and IS direction
- Able to manage client sites as a Virtual IT Manager
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Microsoft Server Suite including AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS etc.
- Microsoft Exchange installation, administration and migration
- Virtual server infrastructure – VMware and/or Hyper-V clusters
- Networking (Switch/Router config, routing, ACL’s)
- Firewalls (Configuration & Management)
- Storage Area Networks, iSCSI and/or Fibre Channel configuration
- Understanding of best-practice IT policies and procedures
- Excellent English language skills – both oral and written
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- Driving license
- Current right to work in the UK
- Managed Service Provider Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SharePoint
- VoIP systems
- Vendor certifications (Cisco, Microsoft, VMware)
- Ability to mentor junior colleagues
- Project management
- Own transport
- Meme appreciation
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org