We currently have a vacancy for a Power BI Software Consultant. Apply today!
30 years of experience but as dynamic as a start-up, Solab is one of the longest established IT services, business training & software development companies in Scotland. Based in Aberdeen, we bring knowledge, experience and expertise to the market and we proudly celebrated our 30th anniversary this year.
We provide vital IT Support, networking, Virtual IT Manager, helpdesk and software development services to a wide range of clients across Scotland.
Onboard Tracker, our highly successful SaaS Crew Management Software now tracks people in over 50 countries and helps ensure that tens of thousands of Energy and Marine workers are Planned, Mobilised, Trained and Safe.
GREAT TECH, GREAT CLIENTS AND GREAT PEOPLE!
The Power BI Software Consultant will create standardised datasets, reports and dashboards from our SaaS based, multi-tenant software platform.
Working with our implementation team and developers you will create robust and sustainable datasets for use by multiple clients. You’ll also work with our clients to understand their requirements, generate ideas, collaborate and bring new ideas to commercialise and market.
Power BI Software Consultant
Skills & experience:
- 3 years of Power BI Desktop Experience including DAX and Power Query/M Language
- Experience as a database Administrator including the ability to work with SQL
- Have strong analytical and software skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & presentation skills
- You must have excellent English skills, both oral and written and a relevant IT or Product Management Business Degree / experience
- Be adaptable and have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience of power bi embedded in a multi-tenanted environment
- Experience of dataflows
- An understanding of Data Governance
- Domain knowledge of Energy, Marine, Renewables or highly regulated industries
- Knowledge of offshore certification, competence and personnel logistic planning
- Microsoft Azure Devops
- Based in North East Scotland
- A strong work ethic and desire to complete works to a high standard
- A quick and keen learner of new technologies and tools
- Methodical and aware of the sustainability of their output
- Effective interpersonal communication and strong problem solving skills – excellent at communicating to external and internal teams
- Strong attention to detail and task ownership skills
- Capable of quickly learning business processes
- Must enjoy deep-diving into technical topics, sharing your knowledge with co-workers and the community
- Enjoying working and socialising in a team
- Strong communication, business and technical skills that allow you to liaise with sales, marketing and technology teams as well as customers, users and management
- Problem solving and analytical thinking skills with the ability to approach problems logically and systematically
- Well-organised and a self-starter, having the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Understands the business implications of decisions, the capabilities and limitations of technology
- Ability to distil abstract ideas into detailed requirements
- Identify report and dashboard requirements
- Consolidate multiple requirements into standard datasets
- Apply consistent methodology to datasets
- Create quality documentation
- Work with business stakeholders to identify issues to future proof datasets
- Collaborate to determine customer/business needs and desires
- Distil feature ideas from epics into user stories, collaborating with technology teams to determine acceptance criteria
- Maintain and prioritise backlog
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and prototype new products and features
- Provide knowledge and understanding of product and feature to other stakeholders
- Work alongside technical writers to create high quality documentation
- Contribute to product vision and roadmap
- Accept/sign-off stories
- Define non-functional requirements
- Working in a collaborative agile environment with multi-disciplined teams
- Canvassing users and customers for feedback
- Experience with defining and building software products
- Flexible Working Hours
- Potential Hybrid / Work from Home Opportunities
- Team/Social Nights & Events
- Gain training and skills in a fast moving and vibrant software company
You must have a right to work in the UK and there will be no sponsorship for this position.
Send your CV and a cover letter that makes you stand out to firstname.lastname@example.org.