We have an immediate vacancy for an ASP.NET MVC Developer. Apply today!
Solab is one of the longest established IT services, business training & software development companies in Scotland. Based in Aberdeen, we bring knowledge, experience and expertise to the market and we proudly celebrated our 27th anniversary this year. Over our 27 years Solab has developed an extensive range of software for local and international organisations; from small departmental applications through to large-scale enterprise platforms; deployed as both Windows and web applications to users, and as services exposing programmatic interfaces to other systems.
Examples of our work include applications, systems and other software supporting daily global operations for: crew tracking, asset management, certification management, vessel availability & brokerage, competency management, helicopter availability etc.
The new ASP.Net MVC Web Developer will have a chance to join our software development team and contribute to the growth of Onboard Tracker™ – our innovative software as a service platform built for highly regulated industries such as Oil & Gas.
Click the image below to download our Job Spec!
ASP.Net MVC Developer
- Excellent coding skills with experience of web development
- Understanding of HTTP protocol and statelessness and other associated web protocols
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures and object orientated design
- Experience designing databases and using SQL
- Knowledge of working with version control – ideally Git
- Minimum 2:1 degree in a related field
- Minimum 2 years commercial coding experience
- Current right to work in the UK
- C# / ASP.Net experience using core .Net technologies, MVC, Web API, LINQ, and Entity Framework
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Interest in technical architectures, and knowledge of design patterns (GoF)
- Understanding of SOLID principles and techniques like DI/IoC
- Understanding of Agile development process
- All other knowledge relating to any web technology will be helpful
- Understanding of Unit Testing/TDD and QA process
- A strong work ethic and desire to deliver work to a high standard
- Must enjoy deep-diving into technical topics, and keeping up with the latest technologies
- A quick learner of new technologies and tools
- Effective interpersonal communication and efficient problem resolution
- Capable of understanding a client’s business and working with others to create solutions
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org